Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Other, Other White Meat

They say architects are supposed to be very observant of their surroundings. We design spaces. Therefore, we should be attune to what others have designed. There is a reasoning behind all that we do - and sometimes the answer is, "it's just cool!"

So, today I'm at A&E Graphics picking up some consultant prints that we need ASAP. It was either me or the (maybe) 90lbs. girl that was there. Considering the weight of the drawings being around 50lbs, it was better for me to go.

Usually the drawings are right up front waiting to be picked up. However, I got there a little quicker than they expected. I was offered a Coke and pointed towards the magazines. I really appreciated that. I get my Coke, start reading the paper, then hear this jingling noise next to me. I look down to see this black cat staring right at me. If I was a screamer, I would have screamed. It freaked me out. I almost beat it with the newspaper I had in my hand.

One of the girls at the desk chuckled at me and murmered, "He finally woke up." Apparently he had been sitting on the midnight blue chair next to me while I was concentrating on the paper selection. Never saw him.

Seriously, they have a cat in their store? Note to A&E: Pick a mascot instead...

1 comment:

AyDubb said...

Ross, I just got back from a retreat, and while touring the men's quarters (before the men arrived), I was minding my own business when I saw a black cat sitting upright in the kitchen area. I screamed like a girl and ran out, only to think halfway to the door that the cat wasn't following. Yep. It was a stuffed black cat. Yay for taxidermy! I feel your pain.