Tuesday, November 04, 2008

"Seriously"

The other day I was listening to a Podcast from one of my favorite pastors, Perry Noble. This guy is my hero!! The manliest, funniest, straight-forward pastor I've ever heard. He was speaking about the relationships between men and women; which is part of his "Beautiful" series. The focus of his message was from Proverbs 31:10 and how this verse pertains to women in the church. There was a little tidbit about single guys as well - pretty dern funny.

During his talks, one of his comments hit me funny. I never thought that the point he made was such a big issue for me, but it turned my thinking. It's not so much what I want, but what I don't want in my relationships - with a potential mate or friendships.

The most interesting point, to me, came just before the 22:00min. mark on the Podcast. For those that are interested in this, tune into New Spring Church in Anderson, SC for the talk given on October 26th, 2008.

Note: the website is in repair, so I can't forward the link at this time. Check out iTunes: Search: New Spring Church.

No comments: