Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Single Father

One of my passions is playing guitar. Truthfully, it's my cave time - or "family time". I get to spend this time with my "girls". Now, any man that really enjoys a 'possession', he typically gives it a female's name. A car or truck for example. Or, he will simply refer to this item as "she" or "her" - which means, he cares for it, but the name is not necessary.

I have named my first electric guitar "Trudy". She is strong, faithful, ages very well, and 'speaks' with great precision. My acoustic has been named "Gracie". She is also very faithful, well-polished in spots, adaptive, and has a sweet, sweet 'voice".

My family of two is now two-and-a-half. I'm a single, semi-suburban, middle-class stereotypical male... Yes, I got a "bun in the oven"!! She should be here in about two to three weeks - just after my birthday, but close enough... I have ideas for a name, but won't know until I've seen her with my own eyes.

If any of you has an opinion, I would love to hear what you think I should call her.








No comments: