Thursday, May 15, 2008

Who I know...

"It's not what you know, it's who you know."



We've all heard it before. Well, I've just applied it to my life again in a very obvious, somewhat-selfish way. I know the Financial CPA at HEB. I met him a few weeks ago. I got his card after talking the business a little with him, as my neighbor at home was a grocery store owner.



I unashamedly shared with him my affinity for Leinenkugel's Beer, or "Leinie's". This Fifth generation brewer, based in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, has the best Micro-brew that ever came out of the Midwest.



I just sent him an email asking for a "smorgesboard" (sp) of ice-cold treats to be put on the shelf. Not just for me, but all the other Midwesterners out there in Tejas. And, to save me a second trip to Kroger (gasp).


Not only is he connected; he has given me the option to select which beers I want at what store. I found my new best friend!!

The Midwest will have a silent take-over! Pretty soon cheese curds will be in the mini-fridges next to the magazines instead of Cokes.


The line-up consists of:


Honeyweiss











Leinies Red













Sunset Wheat














Berryweiss


1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Wow! Way to work a friendship! :)